I was reluctant to do it, but I hitched the ponies up to the moldboard plow again to rip through the tough pasture grass. Here's what it looked like when we were done.
Not winning any plowing matches anytime soon. At least I had the good sense to stop before I did any more harm.
Pretty lumpy. At least the follow-up work with the cultivator has been successful, and we may yet get buckwheat planted before crimson clover in the fall!
Out at the rented acreage, Duke got a chance to cultivate the vegetables since Dolly has a sore hoof or two. Dolly knows to walk steadily along the row of plants, ripping up weeds as she goes. Duke has a tendency to drift, and ripped up half a bushel of onions. I hope we had an overall net benefit on the onion patch. At least we got to taste-test the sacrificed onions, and found them delicious. You can see some onions still left standing, ready to bulb up with the unusual July rains. Any safe day out with the horses is a good one, whatever happens to the veggies.